《教父1》字幕对白之一【转贴】

上一篇 / 下一篇  2007-08-03 17:42:27 / 个人分类:驿路撷英

【百度教父吧里一位叫敏智的吧友贡献,据说是为了学习英语,一字一字敲出来的,也够厉害的了,先pf一个。愿看到喜欢的朋友顶一下,谢谢这位叫敏智的朋友。】

The Godfather Ⅰ

Bonasera: I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom. But I taught her never to dishonour her family. She found a boyfriend, not an Italian. She went to the movies with him. She stayed out late. I didn’t protest. Two months ago he took her for a drive with another boyfriend. They made her drink whiskey, and then they tried take advantage of her. She resisted, she kept her honour. So they beat her like an animal. When I went to the hospital, her nose was broken. Her jaw was shattered, held together by wire. She couldn’t even weep, because of the pain. But I wept. Why did I weep? She was the light of my life. Beautiful girl. Now she will never be beautiful again. Sorry. I went to the police, like a good American. These two boys were brought for trial. The judge sentenced them to three years in prison, but suspended the sentence. Suspended the sentence! They went free that very day! I stood in the courtroom like a fool. Those two bastards, they smiled at me. Then I said to my wife, “For justice, we must go to Don Corleone.”
我相信美国。美国使我发了财。而我以美国方式教养我的女儿。我给她自由。但也告诉她永远不要有辱家门。她交了位男友但不是意大利人。她跟他去看电影,深夜才回家。我并没有责骂她。两个月前他与另一个男孩,带她去兜风。他们强灌她喝威士忌,然后他们想要占她便宜。她抵抗,她保住了名节。于是他们像对动物般的毒打她。当我到医院时,她的鼻梁断了,她的下马被打碎了,必须用钢丝绑着才不会掉下来。她痛得不能哭。但我却哭了,我为什么哭呢?我视她如珠如宝。长得很美丽。现在她再也美丽不起来。不好意思。我…像个守法的美国人一样。那两个男孩受到了审判。法官判他们的有期徒刑三年,但缓刑。缓刑!他们当天就没事了!我像个傻瓜似的站在法庭中。而那两个混蛋竟朝着我笑。于是我对我太太说,“为求公道,我们必须去找柯里昂阁下。”
Vito Corleone: Why did you go to the police? Why didn’t you come to first?
你去报警前为何不先来找我?
Bonasera: What do you want of me? Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.
你要我怎么样?你尽管吩咐,但求你一定要帮我这个忙。
Vito Corleone: What is that? 帮你什么忙?
Bonasera: I want them dead. 我要他们死。
Vito Corleone: That I cannot do. 那个我办不到。
Bonasera: I’ll give you anything you ask. 你要什么,我都会给你。
Vito Corleone: I’ve known you many years, but this is the first time you’ve asked me for help. I can’t remember the last time you invited me for a cup of coffee. Even though my wife is godmother to your only child. But let’s be frank here. You never wanted my friendship. And you were afraid to be in my debt.
我们相识多年,这是你第一次来找我帮忙。我记不起你上次是何时请我到你家去喝咖啡了。何况我太太还是你独生女的教母。我坦白说吧!你从来就不想要我的友谊。而且你怕欠我人情。
Bonasera: I didn’t want to get into trouble.  我不想卷入是非。
Vito Corleone: I understand. You found Paradise in America. Had a good trade, made a good living, had police protection and there were courts of law. You didn’t need a friend like me. But now you come to me and say, “Don Corleone, give me justice.” But you don’t ask with respect. You don’t offer friendship. You even don’t think to call me Godfather. You come on my daughter’s wedding day and ask me to murder for money. 
 我了解。你在美国发了财。生意做得很好,生活过得很好,有警察和法律保护你。你不需要我这种朋友。但是…现在你来找我说:“柯里昂阁下,请帮我主持公道。”但你对我一点尊重也没有。你并不把我当朋友。你甚至不愿意喊我教父。你在我女儿结婚当天来我家,用钱收买我为你杀人。
Bonasera: I ask you for justice. 我只是要求你主持公道。
Vito Corleone: That is not justice. Your daughter is alive.  那不是公道,你女儿还活着。
Bonasera: Let them suffer, then, as she suffers. How much should I pay you? 
那么让他们像她一样受折磨。我应该付你多少钱?
Vito Corleone: Bonasera, Bonasera. What I have done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you’d come in friendship, the scum ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if an honest man like you should make enemies, they’d be my enemies. And then they would fear you.
包纳萨拉,包纳萨拉。我到底做了什么让你这么不尊重我?如果你以朋友身份来找我,那么伤害你女儿的杂碎当天就会受到折磨。你这种诚实人的敌人也就是我的敌人。那么他们就会怕你。
Bonasera: Be my friend…Godfather. 当我的朋友?……教父。
Vito Corleone: Good. Some day, and that day may never come, I’ll ask a service of you. But until that day…accept this justice as a gift on my daughter’s wedding day.
很好。他日我或需要你的帮忙,也可能不会有那么一天。但在那一天到来之前收下这份公道做为小女结婚之礼。
Bonasera: Grazie, Godfather. 谢谢,教父。
Vito Corleone: Prego. Give this to Clemenca. I want people that aren’t going to get carried away. We are not murderers, in spite of what this undertaker says.
别客气。这件事交给…克里曼沙。我要用可靠的人,头脑清醒的人。我们不是谋杀犯,下手别太重,虽然那个殡仪馆的人这样说。
Vito Corleone: Where’s Michael? 迈克在哪?
Santino Corleone: Don’t worry, he’ll be here. 别担心,他一会就来。
Vito Corleone: We’re not taking the picture without Michael. 没有迈克我们不照相。
Tom Hagen: What’s the matter? 什么事?
Santino Corleone: It’s Michael. 迈克的事。
Vito Corleone: Don Barzini. 你好,巴西尼阁下。你认得我儿子吧?
Peter Clemenza: Hey, Paulie! Let me have some wine. Paulie, More wine. 
保利,让我喝点酒。保利,再来点酒。
Paulie: You look terrific on the floor! 你看起来棒极了!
Peter Clemenza: Are you a dance judge or something? Take a walk and do your job.
你是舞蹈裁判还是什么?闪开吧,到附近晃晃做你的工作。 
Santino Corleone: Sandra, do me a favor, watch the kids. Don’t let them run wild.
仙杜拉,帮个忙,别让孩子乱跑,好吗?
Sandra: You watch yourself, all right? 你看好你自己,好吗?
Paulie: 20, 30 grand, in small bills, cash, in that little silk purse. If this were somebody else’s wedding…Sfortunato! (grand:1000美元;1000英镑)
两三万元小钞,全是现金。全在那个小丝袋里。如果是我的婚礼我就发财了…
Hey, Paulie! 保利,接住吧!
Paulie: Stupid jerk! 你这个笨蛋!
What’s the matter? 怎么回事?
Tom Hagen: Have to go back to work. 我得回去工作了。
Tom. 汤姆。
Tom Hagen: Is part of the wedding. No Sicilian can refuse any request on his daughter’s wedding day.
这是婚礼的一部分。没有西西里人在女儿结婚那天能拒绝任何的请求。
Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me. 
 柯里昂阁下,能受邀到贵府深感荣幸。

Santino Corleone: Get out of here! It’s a private party. Go on! What is it? It’s my sister’s wedding. Goddamn FBI don’t respect nothing! 
你们在干什么?滚!这是私人宴会,快滚!这算什么?这是我妹妹的婚礼。该死的联邦密探什么都不尊重。
Santino Corleone: Come here, come here, come here!  过来这!…
Nazorine: …but towards the end, he was paroled to help with the American war effort, so for six months he’s worked in my pastry shop.
但最后他获假释去为美国作战,过去六个月他在我的糕饼店做事。
Vito Corleone: Nazorine, my friend, what can I do for you? 
纳色利,我的朋友,我能为你做些什么?
Nazorine: Now that war was over, this boy, Enzo, they want to repatriate him bask to Italy. Godfather, I have a daughter. You see, her and Enzo…
现在战争结束了,这男孩,安索,他们要把他遣返意大利。教父,我有个女儿,她和安索…
Vito Corleone: You want Enzo to stay in this country, and your daughter to be married.
你要安索留在这个国家和你女儿成亲。
Nazorine: You understand everything. Mr. Hagan, thank you. Wait till you see the wedding cake I made for your daughter! The bride, the groom and the angel…
你什么都了解,谢谢。哈金先生,谢谢。待会看看我为你女儿做的结婚蛋糕!这么高…还有一对新人和天使。
Tom Hagen: Who should I give this job to? 这件事我该交给谁去办?
Vito Corleone: Not to our precinct. Give to a Jew Congressman in another district. Who else is on the list?  别给我们这个选区。给别地区的犹太籍议员。名单上还有谁?
Hey, Michael! 你好!迈克!
Tom Hagen: He’s not on the list, but Luca Brasi wants to see you. 
路卡布拉西不在名单上,但他想要见你。
Vito Corleone: Is this necessary? 这个…有这个必要吗?
Tom Hagen: He didn’t respect to be invited to the wedding, so he wanted to thank you.
他没料到会受邀参加婚礼,所以要向你致谢。
Luca Brasi: Don corleone, I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me, on the wedding day of your daughter. May their first child be a masculine child.
柯里昂阁下,在令媛婚礼这天能受邀到贵府深感荣幸。希望他们早生贵子。
Kay Adams: Michael…That man over here is talking to himself. See that scary guy over there.
迈克!那个人在自言自语。看到那边那个吓人的家伙了吗?
Michael Corleone: He’s a very scary guy. 他很叫人害怕。
Kay Adams: Who is he? What’s his name? 他是谁?叫什么名字?
Michael Corleone: His name is Luca Brasi. He helps my father out sometimes.
他叫路卡布拉西,有时候替家父办事。
Kay Adams: Michael, wait a minute, he’s coming over there! 迈克!等一下,他过来了!
Michael Corleone: Tom! 汤姆!
Tom Hagen: You look terrific. 你气色好极了!
Michael Corleone: My brother Tom Hagen. Miss Kay Adams.
我家兄汤姆哈金,这是凯亚当斯。
Tom Hagen: Your father’s been asking for you. Very nice to meet you. 你父亲要见你。幸会!
Kay Adams: Nice to meet you! If he is your brother, why does your brother have a different name? 幸会。若他是你哥,为何不同姓?
Michael Corleone: My brother Sonny found Tom Hagen in the street. He had no home, so my father took him in. He’s been with us ever since. He’s a good lawyer. Not a Sicilian. I think he’s going to be consigliere. 
 家兄山尼发现汤姆在街上,无家可归。所以家父收养了他。从此他就和我们住在一起了。他是个好律师。不是西西里人,但我想他会当军师。
Kay Adams: What’s that? 那是什么?
Michael Corleone: That’s a…like a counsellor, an advisor, very important for the family. You like your lasagne? 那是…像是个律师,一个顾问。在家庭中的地位非常重要。你的扁形通心面还好吧?

Luca Brasi: Don Corleone. I’m honoured and gratefully that you have invited me to your daughter’s wedding. On the day of your daughter’s wedding. And I hope that their first child will be a masculine child. I pledge my ever-ending loyalty. For your daughter’s bridal purse.
柯里昂阁下。在令媛的婚礼受到邀请深感荣幸与感激。在令媛结婚的当天。我希望他们早生贵子。我发誓要忠心到底。这是我一点小小的心意。祝福他们的俩白头偕老。
Vito Corleone: Thank you, Luca. Most valued friend. 谢谢你,路卡。我最珍贵的朋友。
Luca Brasi: Don Corleone, I’m going to leave you now, because I know you’re too busy.
柯里昂阁下,我晓得你忙,我先告退了。
Vito Corleone: Thank you. 谢谢。
Signora Corleone! 柯里昂夫人!
Signora Corleone: No! 不!
Tom Hagen: Senator Cauley apologized for not coming, but said you’d understand. Also some of the judges. They’ve all sent gifts.
科利参议员对不能亲自来致歉,他说你会谅解的。还有一些法官也一样。他们都送了礼物。
Vito Corleone: What is that outside? 外面是怎么回事?

Connie Corleone: Johnny! Johnny! I love you! 强尼!…我爱你!
Vito Corleone: He came all the way from California. I told you he’d come!
他大老远由加州赶来参加婚礼。我告诉过你他会来的!
Tom Hagen: He’s probably in trouble again. 已经两年了,他也许又有麻烦。
Vito Corleone: He’s a good godson. 他是个好教子。
Signora Corleone: Johnny, Johnny! Sing a song! 强尼!…唱首歌。
Kay Adams: Michael! You never said you knew Johnny Fontane!
迈克!你从来没告诉我你认得强尼方亭。
Michael Corleone: Sure. You want to meet him? 当然认识,你想见他吗?
Kay Adams: Great! Sure. 太好了!当然。
Michael Corleone: My father helped him with his career. 家父帮他建立他的事业。
Kay Adams: He did? How? 真的?怎么做的?
Michael Corleone: Let’s listen to this song. 我们先听这首歌。
Kay Adams: No, Michael… 不,迈克。
Kay Adams: Please, Michael. Tell me. 拜托,迈克!告诉我。
Michael Corleone: When Johnny was starting out, he was signed to a personal service contract with a big bandleader. And as his career got better and better, he wanted to get out of it. Johnny is my father’s godson. My father went to see this bandleader. He offered him 10,000 dollars to let Johnny go, but the bandleader said no. So the next day my father went to see him, but this time with Luca Brasi. Within an hour, he signed a release for a certified cheque of 1,000 dollars.
强尼刚出道时和一个私人乐队领班签了服务合同。当他走红后,想要解除合同。强尼是家父的教子。于是家父去见乐队负责人。而且出一万元要他与强尼解约。他说不行!第二天家父再去见他,只是这次带着路卡布拉西。一个小时之内,他签了你好约书,只收了一千元的支票。
Kay Adams: How did he do that? 他是怎么办到的?
Michael Corleone: Made him an offer he couldn’t refuse. 家父提了个他不能拒绝的条件。
Kay Adams: What was that?  那是什么?
Michael Corleone: Luca Brasi held a gun to his head. And my father said that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract. That a true story. That’s my family, Kay. It’s not me.
路卡布拉用枪顶着他的头,他要是不签字脑袋就会开花。这是真实的故事。凯,那是我的家庭,不是我。

Beautiful!
Vito Corleone: I’ll take care of it. Tom… I want you to find Santino. Tell him to come to the office. 我会处理的。汤姆…叫山姆来我的办公室。
Michael Corleone: How are you, Fredo? My brother Fredo, this is Kay Adams.
你好吗?弗雷多。家兄弗雷多。这位是凯亚当斯。
Kay Adams: Hi. 你好。
Freddy Corleone: How are you doing? This is my brother Mike. 你好吗?这是舍弟迈克。
Michael Corleone: Are you having a good time? 玩的愉快?
Freddy Corleone: Yeah. This is your friend? 这是你的朋友?

Johnny Fontane: I don’t know what to do. My voice is weak. It’s weak. Anyway, if I had this part in the picture, it puts me right back on top again. But this… man won’t give it to me, the head of the studio.
我不知道该怎么办。我的嗓子很虚弱,很虚弱。总之我若能得到那部戏的角色,我会再次走红的。但是电影公司的老板不让我演。
Vito Corleone: What’s his name? 他叫什么名字?
Johnny Fontane: Woltz. He won’t give it to me, and he says there’s no chance.
华尔斯。他不肯让我演,而且还说门都没有。
Tom Hagen: Sonny? Sonny? Sonny? Sonny, are you in there?
山尼?山尼?山尼?山尼,你在里面吗?
Santino Corleone: What? 什么事?
Tom Hagen: The old man wants you. 老头子要见你。
Santino Corleone: One minute. 好,马上去。 
 
 Johnny Fontane: A month ago he bought the movie rights to this book, a best-seller. The main character is a guy just like me, just be myself. I wouldn’t even have to act. Godfather, I don’t know what to do.
一个月以前,他买下这本畅销书的电影版权。男主角就像是我的写照。我根本不需要演,就是我自己。但…教父,我不知道怎么办?
Vito Corleone: You can act like a man! What’s the matter with you? Is this how you turned out a Hollywood Pinocchio, that cries a woman? “What can I do? What can I do?” What is that nonsense? Ridiculous. You spend time with your family?
你要表现得像个男人!你是怎么回事?这就是你在好莱坞学到的?哭得像个女人?“该怎么办?怎么办?”算什么鬼话?岂有此理!你有花时间与家人共聚吗?
Johnny Fontane: Sure, I do. 我当然有。
Vito Corleone: Good. Because a man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man. Come on. You look terrible. I want you to eat. Rest, and in a month this Hollywood big shot will give you what you want.
很好。因为不抽空陪家人的男人不是真正的男人。过来这,你看来糟透了,我要你多吃点。好好休息,从现在起一个月内好莱坞大亨会让你愿望成真。
Johnny Fontane: It’s too late; they start shooting in a week.
太迟了,他们一周内就要开拍了。
Vito Corleone: I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse. Just go outside and enjoy yourself, and forget about all this nonsense. I want you to leave it all to me.
我会给他一个他无法拒绝的提议。现在你到外面去好好的玩,把所有的废话都忘掉,其他的交给我来办。
Johnny Fontane: All right. 好的。
Vito Corleone: What time does my daughter leave?
我女儿女婿什么时候离开?
Tom Hagen: Soon, after they cut the cake. Do we give your son-in-law something important?
切完蛋糕的几分钟。你的新女婿要给重要任务吗?
Vito Corleone: Never. Give him a living, but never discuss the family business with him. What else? 永远不要。让他们过好日子,但别让他插手家族中的事。还有什么事?
Tom Hagen: Virgil Sollozzo called. We’ll have to see him next week.
威吉尔斯索拉索来过电话。下周我们必须安排跟他见面。
Vito Corleone: When you come back from California. 等你从加州回来我们再讨论。
Tom Hagen: When am I going to California? 我何时要去加州?
Vito Corleone: Tonight. I want you to talk to this movie big shot and settle this business for Johnny. If there’s nothing else, I’d like to go to my daughter’s wedding.
我要你今晚去。我要你和这个电影大亨谈谈,把强尼的事摆平。若没有其他事我想去参加我女儿的婚礼了。
Signora Corleone: Carlo, we’re going to take the picture. 卡洛,我们要拍照了。
Michael Corleone: Wait a minute. 等一下。
Kay Adams: No, Michael. Not me. 不,迈克,我不行。
Camerist: Okay, that’s it. Just like that. Hold it! 好了,就是这样,别动!
Woltz(Movie Big Shot): You need a little more heat on that arc. Start talking. 好了,开始说吧!
Tom Hagen: I was sent by a friend of Johnny Fontane. This friend would give his friendship to Mr. Woltz, if Mr. Woltz would grant us a favour.
我是强尼方亭的朋友派来的。他的朋友是我的委托人。若是华尔斯先生能帮他个小忙,他将会感激不尽。
Woltz: Woltz is listening. 继续说下去。
Tom Hagen: Give Johnny the part in that war film you’re starting next week.   
 把你下周开拍的新片男主角让强尼担任。
Woltz: And what favour would your friend grant Mr. Woltz? 他的朋友会回报我甚么好处?
Tom Hagen: He could make your future union problems disappear. And one of your stars has just moved from marijuana to heroin.
你若有工会问题我的委托人能摆平。而你旗下一位抽大麻的大牌现在吸起海洛因了。
Woltz: Are you trying to muscle me? 你想要威胁我吗?
Tom Hagen: Absolutely not, I just… 当然不是,我只是…
Woltz: Listen, you son-of-a-bitch! Let me lay it on the line. Johnny Fontane will never get that movie! No matter how many Dago Guinea greaseballs come out the woodwork!
听着,你这个油腔滑调的王八蛋!让我对你及你的老板说清楚,不管他是何许人,强尼方亭约对得不到那个角色。我不在乎有多少卑微的意大利的移民来找我的麻烦。
Tom Hagen: I’m German-Irish. 我是德裔爱尔兰人。
Woltz: Listen here, my Kraut-Mick friend. I’m going to make trouble for you!
坦白告诉你,德国爱尔兰佬,你大祸临头了,你甚至不会晓得是谁扁你。
Tom Hagen: I’m a lawyer. I haven’t threatened… 华尔斯先生,我是位律师,我不是来威胁你。
Woltz: I know New York’s big lawyers. Who are you? 我认识纽约的每位大律师,你是谁?
Tom Hagen: I have a special practice. I handle one client. I’ll wait for your call. By the way, I admire your pictures very much.
我的职业情况特别,只为一位委托人办事。你有我的电话号码,我等你电话。告诉你,我很喜欢你的电影。
Woltz: Check him out. 摸清他的底细。

Tom Hagen: It’s really beautiful. 真是美极了。
Woltz: Look at this. It used to decorate a King’s palace. 看看这个,原本是用来装饰王宫的。
Tom Hagen: Very nice. 很漂亮。
Woltz: Why didn’t you say you work for Corleone? I thought you were some cheap hustler Johnny was running in.
你为何不说你为柯里昂阁下做事?我以为你只是个市井流氓。是强尼派来勒索我的。
Tom Hagen: I only use his name when necessary.
除非真的必要,否则我不想提起他的名字。
Woltz: How’s your drink? 你的酒还好吗?
Tom Hagen: Fine. 很好。
Woltz: Now I’ll show you something beautiful. You do appreciate beauty, don’t you? There you are. 600,000 dollars on four hoofs. I bet Russian Czars never paid that for a single horse. Khartoum. Khartoum. I’m not going to race him, though. I’m going to put him out to stud. Thanks, Tony. Let’s get something to eat.
到这边来,让你看看真正漂亮的东西。你的眼光应该不错吧?这里!这匹马价值六十万元。我敢说俄国沙皇也从未在马身上花那么大笔钱。达通!达通!不过我不会用它们来比赛,我要它们当种马。谢谢,汤尼!我们去吃点东西吧!
Tom Hagen: Corleone is Johnny’s godfather. To the Italian people that’s a very sacred, close relationship.
柯里昂是强尼的教父。对意大利人而言,那是种宗教上的神圣的亲密的关系。
Woltz: I respect it. Tell him to ask me anything else. This favour I can’t give him.
我很敬重这点。告诉他除了这件事,我什么都答应。
Tom Hagen: He never asks a second favour when he’s been refused the first.
他被拒绝一次后不会再要求第二次。
Woltz: You don’t understand. Johnny Fontane never gets that movie. That part is perfect for him. It’ll make him a big star. I’m going to run him out of the business, and let me tell you why. Johnny Fontane ruined one of Woltz International’s most valuable protégés. We trained her for five years. Singing, acting, dancing lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her, to make her a big star. Let me be even more frank. To show you that it’s not all dollars and cents. She was beautiful. She was young and innocent! She’s the greatest piece of ass I’ve had and I’ve had them all over the world. Then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice and Guinea charm. And she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous! And a man in my position can’t afford to be made to look ridiculous! You get the hell out of here! If that goombah tries any rough stuff tell him I’m no bandleader. Yeah, I heard that story. 
 你不了解,强尼方亭永远别想演那部电影。他很适合那个角色,会让他成为巨星。但我要让他走投无路,我告诉你为什么。强尼毁了一们华尔斯国际公司最有前途的女星。五年来我们不断地训练她,歌唱课、表演课、跳舞课。我在她身上投资了无数的金钱,我要让她成为一颗巨星。让我更坦白的告诉你,让你知道我不是铁石心肠也不是势利眼。她年轻漂亮,天真无邪!我拥有她就等于拥有全世界;然后强尼方亭出现了,带着磁性的嗓音加上意大利的魅力,把她拐走了。她跑掉了使我非常难堪!而我这种地位的人无法忍受难堪!你马上给我滚!若是那混球想对我动粗,告诉他我不是乐队领班。我听过那个故事了。
Tom Hagen: Thank you for dinner and a very pleasant evening. Maybe your car can take me to the airport. Mr. Corleone insists on hearing bad news immediately.
谢谢你的晚餐款待,也许你能派车送我去机场。柯里昂先生坚持坏消息要立刻回报。

Vito Corleone: You’re not too tired, Tom? 你不会太累吧?汤姆。
Tom Hagen: No, I slept on the plane. I have the Sollozzo notes here. Now…Sollozzo is known as The Turk. He’s supposed to be very good with a knife, but only in matters of business with reasonable complaint. His business is narcotics. He has fields in Turkey, where they grow poppy. In Sicily he has plants to process them into heroin. He needs cash, he needs protection from the police. I couldn’t find out how much. The Tattaglia family is behind him here. They have to be in it for something.
不,我在飞机上睡过了。我这里有索拉索的资料。众人皆知,索拉索是土耳其人。他应该善于用刀,但只有发生利益冲突时才会使用。他是做毒品生意的。他们在土耳其种罂粟,在西西里有工厂提炼海洛因。他需要现金,以及在毒品交易时需要警方的保护。我无法查出保护费价钱多少。在纽约是塔塔基利亚家族在保护他。他们一定也想分占利益。
Sonny Corleone. 山尼柯里昂。
Vito Corleone: What about his prison record? 他的犯罪前科呢?
Tom Hagen: One term in Italy, one here. He’s known as a top narcotics man. 
一次在意大利,一次在这。他是众所周知的大毒枭。
Vito Corleone: Santino, what do you think? 山提诺,你认为呢?
Santino Corleone: A lot of money in that white powder. 白粉可以赚大钱。
Vito Corleone: Tom? 汤姆?
Tom Hagen: Yes. There’s more money in narcotics than anything else. If we don’t get into it, somebody else will, maybe the five families. With that money they can buy more police and political power. Then they come after us. Now we have unions and gambling, and that’s great, but narcotics is the future. If we don’t get a piece of that action, we risk everything in ten years’ time.
我赞成,毒品比什么都好赚。就算我们不加入,别人也会,也许是五大家族之一,也许全部都会。他们会用毒品赚到的钱买通警方和政客,到时应付赶上我们。现在我们掌握了工会及赌场,而他们却掌握未来最好的东西——毒品。我们若不能分一杯羹,我们可能性会失去一切。我不是指现在而是在十年之内。
Santino Corleone: So? What’s your answer going to be, Pop?
你的答案是什么呢?爸爸。
Virgil Sollozzo: Don Corleone. I need a man who has powerful friends. I need a million dollars in cash. I need those politicians that you carry in your pocket, like nickels and dimes.
柯里昂阁下,我需要有势力的友人。我需要一百万元的现金。我需要你手中掌握的像镍币和硬币一样的政客。
Vito Corleone: What is the interest for my family? 对我家族有什么利益? 
 Virgil Sollozzo: 30 per cent. In the first year your end should be three, four million dollars. And then it would go up. 三成。第一年你就可进帐三四百万元。然后还会增加。
Vito Corleone: And what is the interest for the Tattaglia family?
塔塔基利亚家族会得到什么好处?
Virgil Sollozzo: My compliments. I’ll take care of them, out of my share.
我的敬意,我会从我那一份当中分给他们。
Vito Corleone: So I receive 30 per cent for finance, political influence and legal protection?
我提供财务、政治、和法律的保护,可以分到三成?
Virgil Sollozzo: That’s right. 没错。
Vito Corleone: Why do you come to me? Why do I deserve this generosity?
你为何来找我?我为何值得你这么慷慨?
Virgil Sollozzo: If you consider a million dollars in cash just finance, ti saluto, Don Corleone.
若你能考虑投资一百万元现金,我就会向你敬礼,柯进里昂阁下。
Vito Corleone: I said that I would see you, because I heard you were a serious man, to be treated with respect. But I must say no to you. And I’ll give you my reason. It’s true, I have a lot of friends in politics. They wouldn’t be friendly long if I was involved in drugs instead of gambling, which they regard as a harmless vice, but drugs is a dirty business. 
我肯见你是因为我听说你是个正直的人,所以我以礼相待。但是我必须拒绝你。我会告诉你原因。没错,我是有很多政界的朋友,但若他们知道我在搞毒品生意,而不再是赌博时,他们就不再是我的朋友。他们认为赌博只是些无伤大雅的事业,但毒品是败坏德性的生意。
Virgil Sollozzo: But Don Corleone… 但是柯里昂阁下……
Vito Corleone: It doesn’t make any difference to me what a man does for a living. But your business is…a little dangerous.
并没有什么差别。但是你这种生意…有一点危险性。
Virgil Sollozzo: If you’re worried about security, the Tattaglias will guarantee it.
若你还是担心安全的问题,塔塔利亚会做保证的。
Santino Corleone: The Tattaglias would guarantee our… 
你是说塔塔基利亚家族会保证我们的投资…
Vito Corleone: Wait a minute. I have a sentimental weakness for my children, and I spoil them. They talk when they should listen. But anyway…Signor Sollozzo, my no is final. I wish to congratulate you on your new business. I know you’ll do well, and good luck. Especially since your interests don’t conflict with mine. Thank you. 
等一下,我对孩子有感情用事的弱点,你看我把孩子都给宠坏了,他们说话非常没有分寸。但总之,索拉索先生,我的决定还是不行。我要恭喜你的生意。我知道你会很成功…我祝你好运。尤其是你的生意不会与我的冲突。谢谢。
Vito Corleone: Santino. Come here. What’s the matter with you? Your brain is going soft from playing with that girl. Never tell any body outside the family what you’re thinking again. Go on. Tom, what’s this nonsense?
山提诺,到这来。你是怎么回事?我看你和女孩子胡搞之后脑子退化了。别让外人知道你在想什么。走吧。汤姆,这是什么乱七八糟的?
Tom Hagen: It’s from Johnny. He’s starring in that new film. 
那是强尼送的,他主演了那部新电影。
Vito Corleone: Take it away.
好了,把它拿走。
Tom Hagen: Take it over there. 把它放到那去。
Vito Corleone: And…tell Luca Brasi to come in. 还有…叫路卡布拉西到这来
Vito Corleone: I’m a little worried about this Sollozzo fellow. Find out what he’s got under his fingernails. Go to the Tattaglias. Make them think that you’re not too happy with our family and find out what you can.
我对这索拉索有点担心,我要你弄清楚他在耍什么把戏。到塔塔利亚那边去。让他们以为你与我们家族不融洽,尽量查。

Kay Adams: I got something for your mother and for Sonny and a tie for Freddy, and Tom Hagen got the Reynolds pen.
我买了东西给令堂,还有给弗雷多的领带,给汤姆的钢笔。
Michael Corleone: What do you want for Christmas?
你圣诞节想要什么?
Kay Adams: Just you. 我只要你。

Vito Corleone: Andiamo, Fredo. Tell Paulie to get the car.
醒醒,弗雷多。叫保利备车,我们要走了。
Freddy Corleone: Okay, Pop. I’ll have to get it myself. Paulie called in sick this morning.
好的,爸。我来开车,保利今早生病了。
Freddy Corleone: Paulie’s a good kid. I don’t mind getting the car.
保利是个好孩子,我不介意自己开车。
Vito Corleone: Thank you. 谢谢。  
 
 Bruno Tattaglia: Luca! I’m Bruno Tattaglia. 路卡,我是布诺塔塔基利亚。
Luca Brasi: I know. 我知道。
Bruno Tattaglia: 想喝杯威士忌吗?先暖和一下。
Luca Brasi: 我不喝酒。
Virgil Sollozzo: You know who I am? 你知道我是谁吗?
Luca Brasi: I know. 我认识你。
Virgil Sollozzo: You have been talking to the Tattaglia family…right? I think you and I can do business. I need someone strong like you. I heard you are not happy…with the Corleone family. Want to join me?
你和塔塔基利亚家族谈过了对吧?我认为我们可以一起做些生意。我需要像你这么壮的人。我听说你和柯里昂家族不和。想加入我们吗?
Luca Brasi: What’s in it for me? 我能得到什么好处?
Virgil Sollozzo: $50,000 to start with. 起薪五万元。
Luca Brasi: Not bad! 还不坏。
Virgil Sollozzo: Agreed? 同意了?

Virgil Sollozzo: Tom! Tom Hagen. Merry Christmas. Glad to see you. I want to talk to you.
汤姆哈金,圣诞快乐。我想和你聊聊。
Tom Hagen: I haven’t got time. 我没时间。
Virgil Sollozzo: Make time, Consigliere. Get in the car. What are you worried about? If I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already. Get in.
为我们拨点时间,军师,上车。你担心什么?我想杀你的话你早已死了。上车。

Vito Corleone: Fredo, I’m going to buy some fruit. 稍候一下,弗雷多,我买点水果。
Freddy Corleone: Okay, Pop. 好的,爸。
Vito Corleone: Merry Christmas. I want some fruit. 圣诞快乐,我要买些水果。

Kay Adams: Would you like me better if I were a nun? Like in the story, you know?
迈克,我若是修女,你是否会更喜欢我。就像小说中的角色,你知道吗?
Michael Corleone: No. 不会。
Kay Adams: What if I were Ingrid Bergman? 若我是英格丽褒曼你是不会更喜欢我?
Michael Corleone: Now, that’s a thought. 这个想法不错。
Kay Adams: Michael. 迈克。
Michael Corleone: No, I wouldn’t like you better if you were Ingrid Bergman. What’s the matter? 不,你若是英格丽褒曼我不会更喜欢你的。
Kay Adams: Michael. 迈克。
Michael Corleone: What’s the matter? 怎么回事?
Michael Corleone: They don’t say if he’s dead or alive. Sonny, it’s Michael.
上面没说他是死是活。 山尼!我是迈克。
Santino Corleone: Michael. Where have you been? 迈克,你到哪去了?
Michael Corleone: Is he all right? 他没事吧?
Santino Corleone: We don’t know yet. There are all kinds of stories. He was hit bad, Mikey. Are you there?
我们还不知道,说来话长。他伤得很重,迈克。你还在吗?
Michael Corleone: Yeah, I’m here. 是的,我在这。
Santino Corleone: Where have you been? I was worried. 你到哪里去了?我很担心。
Michael Corleone: Didn’t Tom tell you I called? 汤姆没说我打过电话吗?
Santino Corleone: No. Look, come home, kid. You should be with Mama, you hear?
听我说,回家来,你应该在这陪妈妈的。
Michael Corleone: All right. 好的。
Oh, my God. Sonny!
Santino Corleone: Stay back there. Who is it? 在后面别动。谁?
Peter Clemenza: Open up, it’s Clemenza. There’s more news about your old man. Word is out that he’s already dead. 开门!我是克里曼沙。又有你老头的消息了。街头谣传他已经死了。
Santino Corleone: What’s the matter with you? 你是怎么回事?
Peter Clemenza: Sonny. Take it easy! 山尼,别激动。
Santino Corleone: Where was Paulie? 保利在哪? 
  
 Peter Clemenza: Sick. He’s been sick all winter. 保利病了,他整个冬天都病了。
Santino Corleone: How often? 他病了几次?
Peter Clemenza: Only three, four times. Freddy didn’t want a new bodyguard.
他病了三四次,弗雷多并不想另找保镖。
Santino Corleone: Pick him up now. I don’t care how sick he is. Bring him to my father’s house right now. 马上接他来,我不管他病得有多重。只要他还在呼吸,我要你把他带到家父的房子去。现在!明白吗?现在!
Peter Clemenza: You want anyone sent over here? 好,你要我派人到这边来吗?
Santino Corleone: No. Go ahead. 不用!去吧?
Santino Corleone: I’m going to have a couple of our people come over to the house.
我会派人到家里来。
Santino Corleone: Hello? 你好。
Virgil Sollozzo: Santino Corleone? 山尼柯里昂吗?
Santino Corleone: Yeah. 是的。
Virgil Sollozzo: We have Tom Hagen. In three hours he’ll be released with our proposition. Listen to what he has to say before you do anything. What’s done is done. Don’t lose that famous temper of yours. Sonny. 汤姆哈金在我们手上。约三小时后我们会释放他。在你做任何事之前先听听他说的话。木已成舟,先别发你那出色的脾气,好吗?山尼。
Santino Corleone: No, I’ll wait. 不会的,我会等。
Virgil Sollozzo: Your boss is dead. I know you’re not in the muscle end of the family, so don’t be scared. I want you to help the Corleones and me. 你的老板死了。我知道你在家族中是不喜欢动武的,所以我不想要你感到害怕。我要你帮助柯里昂家族还有帮我。
Virgil Sollozzo: We got him outside his office about an hour after we picked you up. Drink it. It’s up to you to make peace between me and Sonny. Sonny was hot for my deal, wasn’t he? And you knew it was the right thing to do.
接了你约一小时后,我们已在他办公室外干掉他了。喝吧。现在全看你的了,让我与山尼和平解决一切。山尼对我的主意很热衷不是吗?而且你知道那么做是对的。
Tom Hagen: Sonny will come after you with everything his got. 
山尼会惜一切地来追杀你。
Virgil Sollozzo: That will be his first reaction, sure. So you have to talk sense into him. The Tattaglia family is behind me. The other New York families will go along with anything to prevent war. Let’s face it, Tom, with all due respect, the Don-rest in peace- was slipping. Ten years ago, could I have gotten to him? Well, now he’s dead, Tom, and nothing can bring him back. You’re got to talk to Sonny, to the Caporegimes, Tessio, fat Clemenza. It’s good business, Tom.
那会是他的第一反应。所以要你去劝劝他。塔塔利亚家族全力支持我。纽约其他的家族也会不惜一切防止全面的战争。让我们面对现实吧!汤姆。我们全都尊敬他。但教父已今非昔比,愿他安息!十年前我能对付他吗?但现在他已经死了,他死了,汤姆,没什么能让他复生。所以你得和山尼谈谈。也得说服两个大头目泰西及胖子克里曼沙。那是笔好生意,汤姆。
Tom Hagen: I’ll try. But even Sonny won’t be able to call off Luca Brasi.
我试试看。但即使是山尼也阻止不了路卡布拉西。
Virgil Sollozzo: Yeah, well…Let me worry about Luca. You just talk to Sonny. And the other two kids.
这个…路卡让我来担心,你只管说服山尼,及他另外两个兄弟。
Tom Hagen: I’ll do my best. 我尽力而为。
Virgil Sollozzo: Good. Now you can go. I don’t like violence, Tom. I’m a businessman. Blood is a big expense. 
 很好。现在…你可以走了。我不喜欢暴力,汤姆,我是个生意人。流血代价太高了。
Virgil Sollozzo: He’s still alive. They hit with five shots, and he’s still alive! That’s bad luck for me, and bad luck for you if you don’t make that deal.
他还活着。他们打了他五枪,他还活着!那对我是件坏事。若你不能谈成那当事,对你也不是好事。

Peter Clemenza: Your mother is at the hospital with your father. Looks like he’ll pull through. Thank God.
令堂在医院陪令尊,看起来他能度过难关。谢天谢地。
It’s a lot of bad blood. Sollozzo, Philip Tattaglia, Bruno Tattaglia, Ramon…
Michael Corleone: You gonna kill all those guys? 你要把那些人全杀掉?
Santino Corleone: Stay out of it, Michael. 别插手这件事,迈克。
Tom Hagen: Sollozzo is the key. If you get rid of Sollozzo, everything falls into line. What about Luca? Sollozzo thinks he can control him. If Luca sold out, we’re in a lot of trouble.
索拉索是关键,除掉他一切就好办了。路卡呢?索拉索认为他可以控制路卡。如果路卡出买我们,我们就有大麻烦了。
Tom Hagen: Has anyone been in touch with Luca? 有人能与路卡联络上吗?
Peter Clemenza: We’ve been trying all night. 我试了一整夜但没有人接。
Santino Corleone: Hey, Mike, do me a favour… 迈克,帮我个忙,打电话给路卡。
Peter Clemenza: Luca never sleeps over with a broad. Well, Tom, you’re consigliere. What do we do if the old man dies? 他从来不在外留宿搞女人,他每次办完事会立刻回家。汤姆,你是军师,若是老头死了,我们该怎么办?
Tom Hagen: If we lose the old man, we lose the political contacts and half our strength. The other New York families might support Sollozzo to avoid a long war. This is almost 1946. Nobody wants bloodshed anymore. If your father dies…you make the deal.
我们万一失去了老头,我们就会失去政界的联系,纽约其他的家族为了避免长期的战争,可能会联合支持索拉索。现在是1946年了,没有人想再流血了。若是令尊死了…就由你做决定了,山尼。
Santino Corleone: Easy to say. He’s not your father. 你说来容易,那不是你父亲。
Tom Hagen: I’m as much a son as you or Mike. 我与你和迈克对他来说都是儿子。
Santino Corleone: What is it? Paulie, I told you to stay put. 
什么事?保利,我叫你在外面守着。
Paulie: The guy at the gates has a package. 大门的人说收到一包东西。
Santino Corleone: Tessio, go see what it is. 泰西欧,去看看是什么。
Paulie: Shall I stay? 你要我留在这?
Santino Corleone: Yeah. Are you all right? 是的,留在这,你还好吧?
Paulie: Yeah. I’m fine. 是的,我很好。
Santino Corleone: There’s food. Are you hungry? 有点吃的,你饿了吗?
Paulie: No. 不,没关系。
Santino Corleone: A drink? Brandy will sweat it out. Take care of that son-of-a-bitch. Paulie sold out the old man. I don’t want see him again. Make that the first thing on your list. Understood
喝杯洒吧!一点白兰地能让你舒服点。我要你立刻处置那个王八蛋。保利出买了老头,那个混蛋!我不想再见到他。这是你第一件先要解决的工作。明白吗?
Peter Clemenza: Understood. 明白。
Santino Corleone: Mickey, tomorrow, get some guys and go to Luca’s apartment.
迈克,明天你带几个人…到路卡的公寓去看看等他出现。
Tom Hagen: Maybe we shouldn’t get Mike mixed in this too directly.  
 也许我们不该让迈克太直接涉入。
Santino Corleone: Hanging around the house on the phone would be a big help. Try Luca again. 
听我说…待在家里接电话那会大有帮助的。再试着打给路卡,
Santino Corleone: What’s the hell is it? 这是他妈什么东西?
Sally Tessio: A Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes.
那是西西里人的口信。那表示路卡布拉西与鱼同眠了。

Peter Clemenza: I’m going now. 我现在要走了。
Signora: When will you be home? 你今晚几点会回家?
Peter Clemenza: I don’t know. Probably late.
Signora Clemenza: Don’t forget the cannoli! 别忘了油饼。
Peter Clemenza: Yeah, yeah,yeah. 知道了,知道了。
Rocco, sit on the other side. You block the rear-view mirror. 罗可,坐到另一边去。你挡住后照镜了。
Peter Clemenza: Sonny’s running wild. He wants to go to mattresses already. We have to find a spot on the West Side. Try 309 West 43rd Street. You know a good spot on the West Side?
山尼开始大发雷霆了。他想要跟对手开战了。我们得在西区找个地方藏匿。你试试西43街309号。你知道西区有什么好地方吗?
I’ll think about it. 我想想看。
Peter Clemenza: Think while you’re driving. I want to hit New York this month. 
你开车的时候想想好吗?我这个月要找一天到纽约去。
Peter Clemenza: Watch the kids. 倒车出去时留意小孩子。
Peter Clemenza: Paulie, go down 39th Street, pick up 18 mattresses and bring me the bill.
保利,我要你到39街去。去买18个垫子,然后把帐单给我。
Paulie: Yeah, all right. 好的,没问题。
Peter Clemenza: Make sure they’re clean, because the guys will be there a long time.
确定要干净的,因为我们要在那待段时间。
Paulie: They’re clean and exterminated. 它们是干净的,他们说消过毒。
Peter Clemenza: That’s a bad word to use. Exterminate! Watch out, so we don’t exterminate you! Pull over. I’ve got to take a leak. 
消毒,用那个字很不好。消毒,听听这个家伙,小心点,我们才不会为你消毒。停到路旁去好吗?我要撒尿。
Peter Clemenza: Leave the gun. Take the cannoli. 把枪留下。把油饼给我。

Peter Clemenza: Hey, Mike! Hey, Mikey! 嘿,迈克…嘿,迈克!
Michael Corleone: Yeah. 
Peter Clemenza: Phone call! 你的电话!
Michael Corleone: Who is it? 是谁?
Peter Clemenza: Some girl. 女孩子。
Michael Corleone: Hello. Kay? 你好,凯。
Kay Adams: How’s your father? 令尊还好吗?
Michael Corleone: He’s good. He’s going to make it. 他很好,他能活过来。
Kay Adams: I love you. 我爱你。
Michael Corleone: Ha? 啊?
Kay Adams: I love you! Michael? 我爱你!迈克?
Michael Corleone: Yeah, I know. 是,我知道。
Kay Adams: Tell me you love me. 告诉我你爱我。
Michael Corleone: I can’t talk. 我不能说。
Kay Adams: Can’t you say it? 你不能说吗?
Michael Corleone: I’ll see you tonight. 我们今晚见。
Peter Clemenza: Hey, Mikey. Why don’t you tell that nice girl you love her? I love you with all my heart. If I don’t see you again soon, I’m going to die! Come on, kid, learn something. Come and learn cook for 20 guys some day. You start with a little oil; then fry some garlic. Throw in some tomatoes, tomato paste, fry it and make sure it doesn’t stick. You get it to a boil; you shove in all your sausage and meatballs. Add a little bit of wine. And a little bit of sugar. That’s my trick.
迈克,你为何不说你爱她?我全心全意地爱你,我若不快点见到你,我会死的。到这来,孩子,学点东西。有一天你也许得为20个男人煮饭。一开始先倒点油,炸大蒜,然后放番茄,炒一下,别让它粘底。煮开了之后,加入香肠和肉丸,再加一点点洒,以及一点点糖。那是我的秘方。
Santino Corleone: Cut the crap. I have more important things for you. How’s Paulie?
你别说废话了,我有更重要的事要让你去做,保利呢?
Peter Clemenza: You won’t see him no more. 保利,你再也见不到他了。
Michael Corleone: Where are you going? 你要去哪?
Santino Corleone: To the city. Send bodyguards with him. 到城里去,派保镖跟他一起去。
Michael Corleone: I’m going to the hospital… 我只是去医院看爸爸。
Peter Clemenza: He’ll be all right. Sollozzo knows he’s a civilian.
他不会有事的,索拉索知道他是个平民。
Santino Corleone: Be careful. 小心点。
Michael Corleone: Yes, sir. 是的,先生。
Santino Corleone: Send somebody with him anyway. 还是派人跟他一起去。  
  
 Michael Corleone: I have to go. 我得走了。
Kay Adams: Can I go with you? 我能与你一起去吗?
Michael Corleone: No, Kay. There will be detectives there, people from the press.
不,凯,那里有侦探还有记者。
Kay Adams: I’ll wait in the cab. 我在车上等你。
Michael Corleone: I don’t want you to get involved. 我不要你卷入这件事。
Kay Adams: When I see you again? 我何时能再见到你?
Michael Corleone: Go back to New Hampshire, and I’ll call you at your parents’ house.
回新罕布夏去,我打电话去你父母家找你。
Kay Adams: When will I see you again, Michael? 我何时才能再见到你?迈克。
Michael Corleone: I don’t know. 我不知道。

Nurse: What are you doing here? You’re not supposed to be here.
你在这里干什么?现在不是探病时间。
Michael Corleone: I’m Michael Corleone. This is my father. Is no body here, what happened to the guards? 
我是迈克柯里昂,这是家父,这里没人,守卫到哪去了?
Nurse: Your father just had too many visitors. They interfered with hospital service. The police made them leave about ten minutes ago.
令尊访客太多,妨碍了医院的作业。警察在十分钟前要他们离去了。
Michael Corleone: Get me Long Beach 45620, please. 请帮我接长滩45620。
Michael Corleone: Nurse. Wait a minute. Stay here. Sonny, I’m at the hospital. Listen, I got here late, there’s nobody here. No Tessio’s men, no detectives, nobody. Papa’s all alone. 
护士,等一下,先别走。山尼,我是迈克,我在医院,听着,我很晚才到这儿,这没有人,泰西欧的人不在,也没有刑警,没有人。爸爸单独一个人在这。
Santino Corleone: Don’t panic. 别惊慌。
Michael Corleone: I won’t panic. 我不会惊慌。
Nurse: I’m sorry, but you will have to leave. 我很抱歉,但你必须离开。
Michael Corleone: We’re going to move him to another room. Can you disconnect the tubes? So I can move the bed off. 
你帮我把家父移去另一间房。现在你是不能把这个管子拆开。我来推病床。
Nurse: That’s out of the question! 那是不可能的。
Michael Corleone: Do you know my father? Men are coming here to kill him. Do you understand? Help me, please. 
你认识家父吗?他们会来杀了他,懂吗?现在请你帮我忙。
Michael Corleone: Who are you? 你是谁?
Emzo: I am Enzo, the baker. Remember me? 我是安索,那个糕饼师。你还记得我吧?
Michael Corleone: Enzo. You’d better get out of here, there’s going to be trouble.
安索,你最好离开这,安索,这里会有麻烦。
Emzo: If there is trouble, I’ll stay here to help you. For your father, for your father!
若是有麻烦,我留在这帮你。为了令尊!为了令尊!
Michael Corleone: All right. Listen. Wait for me outside, in front of the hospital, all right? I’ll be out in a minute. Go head.
好吧!听我说。在医院大门外面等我,好吗?我马上出来,快去!
Emzo: Okay… 好的…
Michael Corleone: Just lie here, Pop. I’ll take care of you now. I’m with you now. I’m with you now, I’m with you. 好好休息吧!爸!我会照料你的,我和你在一起。
Michael Corleone: Get rid of these. Come here. Put your hand in your pocket, like you have a gun. You’ll be all right. You’ll be OK. You did good. 
把这个丢掉。到这来,把手放在口袋里,就像你有把枪。你不会有事的…你做的很好。
McCluskey: (Captain)I thought all you Guinea hoods were locked up! 
 我以为把你们这些混混全关住了!
Michael Corleone: Why isn’t anyone guarding my father? Cop.
守家父的人是怎么回事?条子。
McCluskey: You little punk! Don’t you tell me my business! I pulled them off. Stay away from this hospital!
你这个小混蛋,竟敢管我的事!是我把那些人全赶走的,你马上离开这医院。
Michael Corleone: I’m not moving until you put some guy on my father’s room. 
除非你派人守护家父,否则我不会走。
McCluskey: Phil, take him in! 菲尔,把他带回去。
Phil: The kid’s clean, Captain. He’s a war hero. He’s never been… 
那孩子是清白的,队长。他是个服役荣归的英雄,从未和黑手党混在一起。
McCluskey: I said take him in! 我说把他带回去!
Michael Corleone: What’s The Turk paying you? 
索拉索付你多少钱来陷害家父?
McCluskey: Take a hold of him. Stand him up. Stand him up straight.
把他抓牢,让他站稳。
Tom Hagen: I’m the Corleone’s attorney. These men are hired to protect Vito Corleone. They’re licensed to carry firearms. If you interfere, you’ll have to appear before the judge and show cause. 
我是柯里昂家的律师。这些人是私家侦探,雇来保护维多柯里昂的,他们有携带武器的执照。若是你干预,我们明早法庭见。
McCluskey: Let him go. 让他走。

Peter Clemenza: What’s with all the new faces? 这些新面孔是怎么回事?
Sally Tessio: We’ll need them now. After the hospital thing. Sonny got mad. We hit Bruno Tattaglia this morning.
经过医院的事之后山尼气疯了。我们今天早晨四点干掉了布诺塔塔基利亚。
Michael Corleone: Jesus Christ. 老天爷。
Peter Clemenza: Looks like a fortress around here. 这里看起来像是座城堡。
Santino Corleone: Tommasuccio! Hey…100 buttonmen on the street 24 hours a day. That Turk shows one hair on his ass, he’s dead. Mike, come here, let me look at you. You’re beautiful, beautiful. You’re gorgeous. The Turk wants to talk! Imagine the nerve of the son-of-a-bitch. He wants a meeting today.
街上一天24小时都有一百个枪手在巡逻。那土耳其人敢露出一根汗毛就挂了。迈克,到这里来,让我看看你,你漂亮极了,漂亮极了。听我说,那土耳其人想谈判,那王八蛋紧张了,昨晚整我们,今天想和谈。
Tom Hagen: What did he say? 他怎么说?
Santino Corleone: What did he say…He wants us to send Michael to hear the proposition. He promises that the deal is too good to refuse.
他怎么说?他要我们派迈克去,并保证那条件好到我们不会拒绝。
Tom Hagen: What about Bruno Tattaglia? 那布诺塔塔利亚呢?
Santino Corleone: That’s part of the deal. He cancels out what they did to Father.
那是条件的一部份,他作为对家父挨枪的补偿。
Tom Hagen: Sonny, we out to hear what he had to say. 山尼,我们该听听他们怎么说。
Santino Corleone: No more! Not this time. Consigliere. No more meetings, discussions, or Sollozzo tricks. I want Sollozzo, or we go to war…
不!…不再听了,军师。不再和谈、不再讨论,不再上索拉索的当。你去跟他们说,我要索拉索,否则我们就开战!
Tom Hagen: Sonny, The other families… 山尼,其他家族不会支持的…
Santino Corleone: They hand me Sollozzo! 叫他们把索拉索交给我。
Tom Hagen: Sonny, your father would hate it. This is business, not personal!
山尼,令尊不会喜欢的,这是生意,不能感情用事。
Santino Corleone: They shot my father… 那我父亲就该挨枪了? 
 Tom Hagen: Even that was business, not personal. 
即使是令尊挨枪也是生意。不是个人的事,山尼。
Santino Corleone: Then business will have to suffer. And listen, do me a favour. No more advice on how to patch things up. Just help me win.
那生意必须要停,行吗?听着,帮我个忙,汤姆。别再建议我如何让事情过去。只要帮我赢,好吗?
Tom Hagen: I found out about Captain McCluskey, who broke Mike’s jaw. He’s definitely on Sollozzo’s payroll, and for big money. McCluskey has agreed to be The Turk’s bodyguard. What you have to understand. Sonny. So when Sollozzo is being guarded, he’s invulnerable. Nobody has ever gunned down a New York police captain. It would be disaster. All the families would come after you. The Corleone family would be outcasts! Even the old man’s political protection would run for cover. Do me a favour. Take this into consideration.
我查出了打断迈克下巴那迈克劳斯基队长的事,他肯定在索拉索的规费名单中,而且是很大一笔钱。迈克劳斯基是索拉索的保镖,你必须要了解,山尼。当索拉索跟警察队长勾搭上时,没人可以碰他了,过去从没人胆敢干掉纽约的警官。那会是个大灾难,所有五大家族都会追杀你,山尼。柯里昂家族会被孤立!即使老头的政治保护都会消失。拜托你,别轻举妄动。Santino Corleone: All right, we’ll wait. 好吧!我们等。
Michael Corleone: We can’t wait. We can’t wait. No matter what Sollozzo says, he’s going to kill Pop. That’s the key for him. We’ve got to get Sollozzo.
我们不能等,我们不能等。不管索拉索答应什么,他会杀了爸爸的。那是他的关键。必须要干掉索拉索。
Tom Hagen: Mike is right. 迈克说的对。
Santino Corleone: Let me ask you something. What about this McCluskey? What do we do with this cop?
让我问你,这个迈克劳斯基呢?我们要拿这个条子怎么办?
Michael Corleone: They want to have a meeting with me, right? It will be me, McCluskey and Sollozzo. Let’s set the meeting. Get our informers to find out where it’s going to be held. We insist it’s a public place. A bar, a restaurant. Some place where there are people, so I feel safe. They’ll search me when I meet them, right? So I can’t have a weapon on me. But if Clemenza can figure out a way to have a weapon planted there for me…then I’ll kill them both.
他们想与我开会,对吧?那会是我,迈克劳斯基及索拉索。我们来安排会议。我们叫密探查清楚会议地点在那里。必须是公开场所,酒吧或餐厅,人多的地方对我比较安全。我与他们一见面他们会搜身,对吧?那我身上不能有武器。若克里曼沙能想出一个办法,能预先把武器放在那。那我就能杀了他们两个。
Santino Corleone: What are you going to do. Nice college boy. Didn’t want to get mixed up in the family business. Now you want to shoot a police captain because he slapped you? This isn’t like the army! You have to get close and get their brains on your suit. You’re taking this very personal. Tom, this is business and he’s taking it personal.
你要怎么做?乖乖的大学生。你不是不想和家族中的事混在一块吗?现在因为他打了你你就想干掉他?你以为这里是什么?军队吗?在一里以外开枪打他们?你必须离这么近,砰一声。他们的脑浆会溅到你身上。你太感情用事了。汤姆,这是公事,而他却感情用事。
Michael Corleone: Where does it say you can’t kill a cop? 
 谁说不能杀条子的?
Tom Hagen: Come on. Mikey… 别这样,迈克。
Michael Corleone: Tom, wait a minute. I’m talking about a cop who’s mixed up in drugs, a dishonest cop. A cop who got mixed up in the rackets and got what was coming. That’s a terrific story. We have newspaper people on the payroll, right? They might like a story like that.
汤姆,等一下。他是个跟毒品买卖有关的条子,他是个不诚实的条子。和毒贩混在一起终于得到报应,那是个好极了的故事。报社不是有我们的人吗?他们也许对那个故事有兴趣。
Tom Hagen: They might. They just might. 他们也许,只是也许。
Michael Corleone: It’s not personal, Sonny. It’s strictly business.
不是感情用事,山尼,纯粹是公事。
Peter Clemenza: It’s as cold as they come. Impossible to trace, so you don’t worry about prints. I put a special tape on the trigger and the butt. Try it.
做过表面处理了,追踪不到的。不用担心指纹。我在扳机和手把上贴了特殊胶布。来,试试看。
Michael Corleone: What’s the matter? Is the trigger too tight? My ears!
怎么了?扳机太紧了?我的耳朵好辛苦!
Peter Clemenza: I left it noisy, so it scares away any pain-in-the-ass innocent bystanders. You’ve shot them both. Now what do you do? All right, you shot them both.
我没安装消音器,那样才能吓走索然无辜的旁观人。好了,你杀了他们两个。
Michael Corleone: Sit down, finish my dinner. 坐下,吃完我的晚餐。
Peter Clemenza: Don’t fool around. Let your hand drop to your side and let the gun slip out. Everybody will still think you’ve got it. They’ll stare at your face, so walk out fast, but don’t run. Don’t look anybody in the eye, but don’t look away either. They’ll be scared stiff, so don’t worry about nothing. You’ll be all right. You’ll take a vacation, nobody knows where, and we’ll catch the hell.
别开玩笑,让你的手垂下,让枪滑掉。每个人都认为你还拿着枪。他们会瞪着你的脸,迈克,所以快步离开那个地方但不要跑。别直视任何人,但也不要看其他地方。他们会怕得不敢瞪着你,相信我,不必担心。你若可以全身而退,可以休个长假到哪里都可以。而我们会处理善后。
Michael Corleone: How bad do you think it will be? 你认为后果会有多糟?
Peter Clemenza: Pretty goddamn bad. All the other families will probably line up against us. That’s all right. These things have to happen every five, ten years. Gets rid of the bad blood. Been ten years since the last one. You have to stop them at the beginning. Like they should have stopped Hitler in Munich, not letting him get away with it. You know, Mike, we were all proud of you. Being a hero and all. Your father too.
他妈的变糟的,可能所有的家族会联合对付我们。那没关系的,每五年或十年都会发生一次。害群之马必须要除掉。上一次到现在已有十年了。要先发制人。就像要在慕尼黑制止希特勒一样。他们容忍了希特勒麻烦就大了。知道吗?迈克,我们都以你为荣,你是个大英雄,你父亲也是。
Tom Hagen: Nothing. Not a hint. Absolutely nothing. Even Sollozzo’s people don’t know where the meeting will be held.
没有。没有任何线索,什么都没有。索拉索的人也不知在哪里开会。
Michael Corleone: How much time do we have? 我有多少时间?
Santino Corleone: They’re going to pick you up outside Jack Dempsey’s in an hour and a half. We could put a tail on them. Sollozzo would lose our ass. 
  一小时半以后他们在杰克达西路口接你上车。我们派个人追踪他们。索拉索会在街上乱转甩掉我们的人。
Tom Hagen: What about the negotiator? 来找我们谈判的人呢?
Peter Clemenza: He’s playing pinochle with my men. He’s happy. They’re letting him win.
他在那边和我的手下玩纸牌,他很高兴,我们在让他赢。
Tom Hagen: Too risky. Sonny. Maybe we should call it off. 
对迈克太危险了。山尼,也许我们该取消。
Peter Clemenza: The negotiator plays cards until Mike is back safe. 
要迈克平安回来我们才会让那个人走的。
Santino Corleone: He could blast whoever is in the car. 为何不干脆炸掉车上的人呢?

Peter Clemenza: Too dangerous. They’ll expect that. 太危险了,他们会注意的。
Santino Corleone: Sollozzo might not even be in the car, Sonny! 
索拉索也许根本就不在车上,山尼!
Santino Corleone: I’ll get it. Louis’s restaurant in the Bronx. 
我来接。布朗区的路易士餐厅。
Is it reliable? 可靠吗?
Santino Corleone: My man in McCluskey’s precinct. A police captain is on call 24 hours a day. He’ll be there between 8 and 10. Anybody know this joint?
迈克劳斯基的分局里有我的人。队长必须24小时待命,他八点到十点会去那里。有谁知道那个地方?
Sally Tessio: Sure, I do. It’s perfect for us. A small family place, good food. Everyone minds his business. Perfect. Peter. They’ve got old-fashioned toilet. You know, the box and the chain thing. We might be able to tape the gun behind it.
我知道。对我们太理想了,家庭餐厅,食物精美。各吃各的,太理想了。彼得,那儿有个旧式马桶。你知道就是水箱有吊链的那种。我们或许可把枪用胶带绑在那。
Peter Clemenza: All right. Mike, you go to the restaurant, you eat, talk for a while, you relax. Make them relax. Then you go to take a leak. No, better still, you ask permission to go. Then you come back blasting. And don’t take any chance. Two shots in the head apiece.
 好的,迈克,你去餐厅,你一面吃一面聊,别紧张,也可以使对方轻松下来。然后你站起来去上厕所。你得先征求对方同意再去。回来时就开枪,别失误,对准头各开两枪。
Santino Corleone: I want somebody very good to plant that gun. I don’t want him coming out with just his dick.
听着,我要一个好手去藏枪,我不希望我弟弟出来时手无寸铁。
Peter Clemenza: The gun will be there. 枪会在那的。
Santino Corleone: Listen. You drive him and pick him up. Come on, let’s move.
听着,你开车送他,事后再接他回来。来吧!我们动身了。
Santino Corleone: Did he tell you to drop the gun right away? 
他告诉过你事成之后立刻丢枪吗?
Michael Corleone: Yeah, a million times. 无数次了。
Santino Corleone: Don’t forget. Two shots apiece in the head as soon as you come out.
切记!朝每人头部开两枪,一出厕所后就打。
Michael Corleone: How long do you think it will be before I can come back?
你们认为要多久我才能回家?
Santino Corleone: At least a year. I’ll square it with Mom, that you’re not seeing her before you leave and…I’ll get a message to that girlfriend when the time is right. Take care.
至少得一年,迈克。我会转告妈你临走前不能去看她…我会在适当的时候告诉你女朋友的。保重!
【square with(使)与...相符[一致] 使...得到...的认可[同意]】
Tom Hagen: Take care, Mike. 保重!迈克。  
  
【待续】

转贴出处:http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=60088635


TAG: 教父 剧情字幕

咔嚓网-数码冲印 引用 删除 kacawang   /   2009-07-07 06:10:58
5
引用 删除 Guest   /   2008-04-21 12:44:53
谢谢啦,帮了我大忙
 

评分:0

我来说两句
请谨慎发帖,本网站会记录您的IP地址。请注意,根据我国法律,网站会将有关您发帖内容、发帖时间以及您发帖时的IP地址的记录保留至少60天,并且只要接到合法请求,即会将这类信息提供给有关政府机构。

显示全部

:loveliness: :handshake :victory: :funk: :time: :kiss: :call: :hug: :lol :'( :Q :L ;P :$ :P :o :@ :D :( :)

请先登录,再发表评论。

日历

« 2010-02-10  
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28      

数据统计

  • 访问量: 34993
  • 日志数: 135
  • 图片数: 8
  • 建立时间: 2007-07-03
  • 更新时间: 2010-01-17

RSS订阅